Homestrife Tech Demo 2 Out Now!
Here it is; Tech Demo 2, released and available to download for everyone(Windows only, sorry). You can download it right here. More info after the break.
This demo is a local 2 player demo, so you can actually play with a friend. Make sure to read the readme. The game contains 41 different actions, as well as 219 individual frames(drawings) of animation. To break these stats up a little:
- 8 of those actions are attacks.
- 13 of these actions are fully colored.
A lot of work went into this. We would’ve liked to get more done(and on time), but real life and issues with the game got in the way. Remember; we’re doing this in our spare time. We were getting pretty fatigued by the end of this.
HUGE thanks to our colorer Elanor Pam, and our additional animator Ray. Without their help we would not even be close to releasing this yet. Apart from all the sprites from the last demo(minus the crouch animation) and all but 2 of the attacks; Ray animated all the other actions. Out of the 41 actions and 219 frames in the demo, he was responsible for 26 and 92 respectively.
On the download page you can also find a tool to convert .PAL palettes into .HSP(HomeStrife Palette) palettes that are usable in the game. It’s only a converter, so you’ll have to find another graphics application to create the .PAL files.
To reach the next demo milestone without burning out hard(we’ve been working on John alone for close to a year now. I REALLY need to work on someone else), we still need more help to speed things up. Currently we have 2 animators and 1 colorer. I’d like to get this to 3-4 for each. If you would like to help us, you can find recruitment details right here(although I think I may drop the inbetweener role). Make sure to read the instructions in detail(especially for the coloring trial). If you can’t help directly, simply passing this on, or letting specific people, who you know can help, know. This alone could do wonders.
Our next goal is to get John and LOWAS completed by the end of the year. This should also include sound and music as well.
If the demo does not run for you, send the “log.txt” and your computers specs to homestrifegame[at]gmail[dot]com. Email us any bugs/glitches/issues/etc. as well.
Programming credit goes to Jonathan “Darlos9D” Royal
Animation credit goes to Callan “frozenMeatpopsicle” Bencich(all sprites from previous demo, a few of transition sprites and all but 2 attack sprites) and Ray(who did everything else).
Coloring credit goes to Paula “Elanor Pam” Vieira
257 Notes/ Hide
- chemicalwordsmith likes this
- heathercasey1980 likes this
- ilikewallpaperscom likes this
- thesocietyofmadhatters reblogged this from foreveralonestuckathome
- kennylule likes this
- myflashgamebase likes this
- notquitet1000 likes this
- jaggedpro reblogged this from frozenmeatpopsicle
- foreveralonestuckathome reblogged this from spagheppi
- sarcasticopinionist reblogged this from frozenmeatpopsicle
- megidomania reblogged this from frozenmeatpopsicle
- gillyhoo reblogged this from frozenmeatpopsicle
- chilladult likes this
- wordgotaround likes this
- thedemonswordsmancrona likes this
- wordgotaround reblogged this from frozenmeatpopsicle
- boxheadedteratophile reblogged this from gillyhoo
- boxheadedteratophile likes this
- biotic-sexus-duem reblogged this from digitallyimpaired
- biotic-sexus-duem likes this
- mcfugghas reblogged this from yorshs
- sarcasticopinionist likes this
- jubilateboon reblogged this from digitallyimpaired
- jubilateboon likes this
- dastardlybananas likes this
- mikeygavvy likes this
- mikeygavvy reblogged this from puerluna
- puerluna reblogged this from frozenmeatpopsicle
- puerluna likes this
- pretzelski likes this
- thecupcat reblogged this from frozenmeatpopsicle
- niggolaithescienceguy likes this
- ah2190 reblogged this from frozenmeatpopsicle
- ah2190 likes this
- thewonderfulworldofhomestuck reblogged this from frozenmeatpopsicle
- team--aqua reblogged this from frozenmeatpopsicle
- impracticaljapery reblogged this from yorshs
- reikey reblogged this from frozenmeatpopsicle
- catw1ngs likes this
- bread-thief likes this
- kenwai likes this
- nya-kya-mew reblogged this from frozenmeatpopsicle
- wynnmiyabi likes this
- 2gamis likes this
- aziure likes this
- cupcakemassacre likes this
- 6angarang likes this
- electricwestern reblogged this from frozenmeatpopsicle
- alyykeavvylo likes this
- reanzar likes this